Friday, February 17, 2012

My Heart is Full, but My Eyes Are Tired

It's hard to believe Maddox is already six weeks old! It has flown by, and makes me a little sad because he's growing so fast. Actually he's only about 7 pounds now, but he's starting to look more like a baby and less like a newborn. We haven't been out much except for doctors appointments. Partly because it's cold and flu season, and the other part because he's still on the apnea monitor, so we pretty much hang in the living room, because it's a pain to haul around everywhere. He gets reevaluated after 8 weeks, so hopefully he can come off of it, or at least be off of it in the daytime.

I've decided to use my full 12 weeks of FMLA time, because I don't want to leave him, especially when he's on the monitor, and I know it's time I can't get back, so I'm staying off until the 1st of April. Luckily our moms will be watching him when I go back to work.

While I've been off, I've put together a March of Dimes team since both my babies have been preemies. I wanted to do this last year, but didn't have enough time. We are Team Twenty Toes, since we will be walking for two babies. I'm going to meet with the tshirt people tomorrow. I'm going to put both Kamdyn and Maddox's footprints on the shirt. I'm pretty excited because I've already got lots of walkers and a few sponsors for my team.

Other than that, the days pretty much consist of eating, changing diapers, washing bottles and occasionally sleeping. I'm enjoying every minute of it. Kamdyn sure did pave the way for Maddox, and not a Day goes by without me thanking God for this blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Full hearts will last forever! Heavy eyes will come and go. Before you know it he will be sleeping and letting you sleep.

    ReplyDelete